Hanging pictures like a pro can be very easy when you follow these 7 steps:
- Cut a stencil of the frame(s) – you can always use the carton they were delivered in.
- Position the stencils on the wall using painters tape (like Frogtape) until you are happy – be very careful when removing the tape to avoid damage to the wall paint.
- A good height is often when your eye level is about a quarter of the way down the image, although this is a matter of taste.
- Measure the distance from the top of the frame to the black metal hanging bracket on the backboard.
- Using a pencil mark the wall – the centre of the top stencil edge – then use the measurement from above to determine where to place your nail.
- The humble nail is still probably the best tool to wall hang a lightweight frame – drive it in at a 45 degree angle to increase its strength.
- Position your frame so hangs level (you may need to adjust the hanging bracket on the backboard)